GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Fault code reader
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Author
Topic: Fault code reader (Read 2163 times)
mrsaunders
I live here
Posts: 575
Fault code reader
«
on:
08 June 2012, 13:36 »
done a search and cant find much help, can anyone recommend a diagnostic tool i can buy that will work on my 1997 16v golf
Logged
Wayne
Sir Postalot
Posts: 32,051
Re: Fault code reader
«
Reply #1 on:
08 June 2012, 13:46 »
I can recommend one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U281-VW-Audi-Skoda-Seat-VAG-CAN-BUS-Fault-Code-Reader-Scanner-diagnostic-tool-UK-/221040985066?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item337711c3ea
Logged
thai-wronghorse
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,325
mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Fault code reader
«
Reply #2 on:
08 June 2012, 14:51 »
Thats the same one that I own and use on my 16v.
Logged
Deano2711
I live here
Posts: 2,874
1992 VR6
Re: Fault code reader
«
Reply #3 on:
08 June 2012, 14:53 »
Same as mine and really easy to use and good piece of kit for the money
Logged
DUBboi12
Here all the time
Posts: 279
Re: Fault code reader
«
Reply #4 on:
08 June 2012, 16:09 »
Is it better than the VAG COM USB diagnostic cable that you can get off eBay. Anyone used erm!!
Logged
Deano2711
I live here
Posts: 2,874
1992 VR6
Re: Fault code reader
«
Reply #5 on:
08 June 2012, 19:36 »
The USB cable will do loads more but the one I have would not work and I gave up in the end. The code reader is mega easy and if all you want to do is check fault codes and re set them then its brilliant.
Logged
GTIANNIVERSARY16V
GTI forum regular
Posts: 149
Re: Fault code reader
«
Reply #6 on:
08 June 2012, 19:48 »
Deanos a wizard with that fault code reader
Logged
DUBboi12
Here all the time
Posts: 279
Re: Fault code reader
«
Reply #7 on:
08 June 2012, 19:50 »
Looks like I'll be getting the code reader then
Logged
GTIANNIVERSARY16V
GTI forum regular
Posts: 149
Re: Fault code reader
«
Reply #8 on:
08 June 2012, 19:51 »
Want me to have a look at your usb one mate?
Logged
Deano2711
I live here
Posts: 2,874
1992 VR6
Re: Fault code reader
«
Reply #9 on:
08 June 2012, 20:41 »
Quote from: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 08 June 2012, 19:51
Want me to have a look at your usb one mate?
Cant even remember where I threw it to be honest Mate.....if youre nipping by mine any time you can have a look if you like. Cheers
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Fault code reader