Author Topic: Vr6 performance leads? HT leads I mean :)  (Read 3326 times)

Offline jnufcuk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,145
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
Vr6 performance leads? HT leads I mean :)
« on: 07 June 2012, 15:31 »
Hi my dad needs some new performance leads I think u call them for his  the leads that go on top of the engine  :undecided:

Where is the best place to get them?

Thanks

Also his is an auto and at times it will jerk forward? Any ideas? :smiley:


« Last Edit: 07 June 2012, 19:33 by jnufcuk »
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9
 
Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Vr6 performance leads?
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2012, 18:15 »
Just get good quality standard leads,performance leads are very expensive and you will see no gains imo ,Carparts4less,eurocarparts,GSF
what mileage has the vr6 done,try changing the gearbox oil, dont know if they have a filter .

Offline jnufcuk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,145
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
Re: Vr6 performance leads?
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2012, 18:29 »
Just get good quality standard leads,performance leads are very expensive and you will see no gains imo ,Carparts4less,eurocarparts,GSF
what mileage has the vr6 done,try changing the gearbox oil, dont know if they have a filter .

Ok will have a look

Em think it's done over 120k, will take a look at gearbox oil :)

Thanks
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9
 
Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Vr6 performance leads?
« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2012, 18:30 »
Off topic but. Have you got your a1 yet?
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline jnufcuk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,145
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
Re: Vr6 performance leads?
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2012, 18:40 »
Off topic but. Have you got your a1 yet?

No decided to cancel it mate, got insured on vr6 instead. Don't use the car enough to justify spending £200+ a month  :cry: plus would mean I couldn't mod it  :wink:
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9
 
Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Vr6 performance leads?
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2012, 18:47 »
Just get good quality standard leads,performance leads are very expensive and you will see no gains imo ,Carparts4less,eurocarparts,GSF
what mileage has the vr6 done,try changing the gearbox oil, dont know if they have a filter .

Ok will have a look

Em think it's done over 120k, will take a look at gearbox oil :)

Thanks
No probs mate , im no expert but will allways help if i can ,also maybe check the engine and gearbox mounts  :wink:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Vr6 performance leads?
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2012, 18:47 »
Off topic but. Have you got your a1 yet?

No decided to cancel it mate, got insured on vr6 instead. Don't use the car enough to justify spending £200+ a month  :cry: plus would mean I couldn't mod it  :wink:

Ah good choice! So you gunna end up falling in love with your dads vr and wanting a mk3 yourself? The not being able to mod the car is the major point that would put me off a new car on credit
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline jnufcuk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,145
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
Re: Vr6 performance leads?
« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2012, 18:52 »
Off topic but. Have you got your a1 yet?

No decided to cancel it mate, got insured on vr6 instead. Don't use the car enough to justify spending £200+ a month  :cry: plus would mean I couldn't mod it  :wink:

Ah good choice! So you gunna end up falling in love with your dads vr and wanting a mk3 yourself? The not being able to mod the car is the major point that would put me off a new car on credit

No new plan is to run this for a year save up and keep looking for a mk2 1.8t/ vr6 :evil:
Luckily this one is pretty much modded just need some leathers and if the engine wasn't so old would stick a turbo on there :D


Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9
 
Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Vr6 performance leads?
« Reply #8 on: 07 June 2012, 18:55 »
 :cool: I rekon youll end up keeping it or getting your own. Mk2s are over rated anyways. Mk3 1.8t FTW!
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline jnufcuk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,145
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
Re: Vr6 performance leads?
« Reply #9 on: 07 June 2012, 18:56 »
:cool: I rekon youll end up keeping it or getting your own. Mk2s are over rated anyways. Mk3 1.8t FTW!

Well I do like F17bad's one  :cool:
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9
 
Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D