Author Topic: Joey headlight paint.  (Read 2760 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Joey headlight paint.
« on: 07 June 2012, 12:59 »
Looking at joeying my headlights today but shops round corner from me don't do heat proof paint. Does it have to be high temp paint or will any brush on stuff do?

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: Joey headlight paint.
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2012, 13:07 »
I sprayed some ford graphite grey into the lid and painted it on. Will be fine to use normal paint

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Joey headlight paint.
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2012, 13:09 »
agreed normal paint will do... like the idea of spraying paint in the lid ill have to do that for mine.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: Joey headlight paint.
« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2012, 13:11 »
agreed normal paint will do... like the idea of spraying paint in the lid ill have to do that for mine.


Be gentel and cover it over with a old rag.

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Joey headlight paint.
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2012, 14:21 »
I sprayed some ford graphite grey into the lid and painted it on. Will be fine to use normal paint

I did this last night!


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Joey headlight paint.
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2012, 14:38 »
Sweet all done. Just Gota let it dry now before I put glass back on. I did my vento headlights but I happened to have a tin of heat proof paint in my shed at the time so wasn't sure. I also just did front and rear VW badges I had spare to.  :grin:

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Joey headlight paint.
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2012, 15:44 »
sweeeeeeet all done and back on the car. all it needs now is a VR splitter and the black vw badge and the gti badge removed from grill and its gona look sweeeet  :grin:
its ment to be sunner and its p!ssing down  :cry:




Offline KIN9DUB

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 63
Re: Joey headlight paint.
« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2012, 16:07 »
looks nice mate, will be doing mine soon. :smug:

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Joey headlight paint.
« Reply #8 on: 07 June 2012, 16:48 »
Loads better.... Looking good dude


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Joey headlight paint.
« Reply #9 on: 09 June 2012, 19:10 »
I used hamerite and it worked fine. I have done at least 3 sets.