Author Topic: Whats the chances of this happening???  (Read 3799 times)

Offline Junior74

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 421
Re: Whats the chances of this happening???
« Reply #10 on: 06 June 2012, 20:36 »
Car should be fine mate, something smashes off the bottom of mine every day (or the bottom of my car smashes off the road everyday), always makes me look in the mirror and expect to see oil all over the shop...
 :smiley:

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Whats the chances of this happening???
« Reply #11 on: 06 June 2012, 20:39 »
you no for a fact somebody in the garage is looking for that blaming somebody els for loosing it  :grin:

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Whats the chances of this happening???
« Reply #12 on: 06 June 2012, 20:40 »
where are the cambers? maybe i can look to see anything else left behind before my car falls apart lol.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Gti_Jamo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Re: Whats the chances of this happening???
« Reply #13 on: 06 June 2012, 20:41 »
The two bolts holding the shock to the hub are what adjusts front camber. Bet there is an 18mm spanner still there  :grin:


97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Whats the chances of this happening???
« Reply #14 on: 06 June 2012, 20:43 »
where are the cambers? maybe i can look to see anything else left behind before my car falls apart lol.

 :grin:, they adjust the camber by undoing the to bolts at the bottom of the strut and pullin/pushing the disc, probably more technical then that tho   :laugh:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Whats the chances of this happening???
« Reply #15 on: 06 June 2012, 20:43 »
The two bolts holding the shock to the hub are what adjusts front camber. Bet there is an 18mm spanner still there  :grin:

Beat me to it!!!  :grin:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Gti_Jamo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Re: Whats the chances of this happening???
« Reply #16 on: 06 June 2012, 20:49 »
The two bolts holding the shock to the hub are what adjusts front camber. Bet there is an 18mm spanner still there  :grin:

Beat me to it!!!  :grin:

Cause I can change gear quicker  :cool:


97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Whats the chances of this happening???
« Reply #17 on: 06 June 2012, 20:51 »
The two bolts holding the shock to the hub are what adjusts front camber. Bet there is an 18mm spanner still there  :grin:

Beat me to it!!!  :grin:

Cause I can change gear quicker  :cool:

 :grin:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Luke1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 530
Re: Whats the chances of this happening???
« Reply #18 on: 06 June 2012, 20:56 »
I would be getting the work the garage did, double checked? What type of numb nuts leaves his tools still attached to the job and letting you drive off! Very unprofessional in my opinion.
MK IV GT TDI 150 PD / MKII CADDY SDI

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Whats the chances of this happening???
« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2012, 21:06 »
When i was in the trade(long time ago)i stripped the carpet out of this old mini,i found a 7/16 spanner still attached to a subframe bolt,it had been there for over three years,was able to complete the bosses set that hung on the wall  :laugh: