Author Topic: what are these wheels?  (Read 3996 times)

Offline MK3 Menace

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 336
  • 98 GTI, big changes are coming...
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #10 on: 06 June 2012, 16:50 »
I have a set on mine, feel free to pop over and see them.

Mine are yellow with black centres though. I am on the hunt for proper centre caps for them.

I like them as they are not seen often and make a change from the norm...

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #11 on: 06 June 2012, 16:59 »
yeah thats why i kinda like my sport raders as you dont see them anymore and they do look good in person it the shiney anthrasite colur they are.
i would love to buy them but the bloke wont swap for mine even though i recon mine are probly worth abit more. but i dont have £40 to spend on them right now. was hoping he would swap but think he is a part dealer looking at his other bits so it dont matter now. will just have to save up £40 odd quid and buy some  :grin:

Do you fancey a swap?  :wink: :grin:
« Last Edit: 06 June 2012, 17:04 by stainesy »

Offline MK3 Menace

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 336
  • 98 GTI, big changes are coming...
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #12 on: 06 June 2012, 17:13 »
Not interested in a swap i am afraid as like I said they are different.

I am tempted to buy them as I read the advert and the centre caps are with them.

I could have a winter set too...

i know there was a set on a MK3 breaking in Bedford a while back, but it might be the same guy but the photos of the MK2 seems like a different part of Bedford...

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #13 on: 06 June 2012, 17:21 »
No worries. As my dear old dad used to say to me. You never know unless you ask  :grin:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #14 on: 06 June 2012, 19:30 »
They kinda look like my old wheels

josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Junior74

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 421
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #15 on: 06 June 2012, 19:45 »
I like them....(the wheels on eBay)

Offline MK3 Menace

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 336
  • 98 GTI, big changes are coming...
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #16 on: 06 June 2012, 20:10 »
I'm happy to swap mine for your Corvette rims ;-)

Offline Junior74

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 421
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #17 on: 06 June 2012, 20:25 »
Ha!!!!
Brilliant...local too...

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #18 on: 06 June 2012, 20:39 »
I'd like a set of those instead of my longbeaches, there was a member on here who had a set on his red mk3 and looked really good.

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2012, 20:55 »
Just been spit to the bloke and may be going to get them tomorrow  :grin: