Author Topic: what are these wheels?  (Read 4009 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2012, 14:12 »
Yep, Le Mans were fitted on early GTI's

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2012, 14:20 »
Yep, Le Mans were fitted on early GTI's

do they look nice on a lowered mk3?

Offline 16valver dan

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 312
  • 1.8 20v turbo MK4 Golf
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2012, 14:21 »
le mans as far as i know they were fitted for first few years then replaced for "style" apparently
il update the sig when i get a good photoshoot ;)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2012, 14:26 »
do you recon they would look better than my sport raders on my lowered green  mk3 in my sig pic?

Offline 16valver dan

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 312
  • 1.8 20v turbo MK4 Golf
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2012, 14:27 »
they would look different as you dont see many members sporting them on here, but the raders do suit ur car its a hard decision but at 40 thats scrap value anyway lol
il update the sig when i get a good photoshoot ;)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #6 on: 06 June 2012, 14:29 »
well i was actully going to swap my wheels for them if he was up for it as he isnt far from me

i think they would look nice polished

Offline GTIANNIVERSARY16V

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 149
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #7 on: 06 June 2012, 15:39 »
An old chinese man once said..... "you can never have enough alloys lying around"
I say buy them anyway lol

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #8 on: 06 June 2012, 15:59 »
I prefer the Le Mans wheels myself.

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: what are these wheels?
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2012, 16:14 »
I prefer the Le Mans wheels myself.

I had a set lying about that are now on my Mother's new Fabia as it's winter wheels.
She prefers them to the standard Fabia 5 spoke wheels.

They are a decent, strong, light wheel.
Only 6" wide though.

I don't use the flat centre caps, just buffed off all the casting marks etc and use a standard VAG centre cap.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.