As some of you may be aware I recently discovered my condenser had two small holes in it so have sourced a replacement in the classifieds on here and have reserved a receiver drier for collection from ECP tomorrow after reading up that they should be changed if the system has a leak or is opened for maintenance due to their moisture absorbing properties.
As far as I'm aware the A/C system is currently depressurised due to the holes and it certainly doesn't fire up with the switches depressed, when it was tested last week the engineer said it wouldn't hold any pressure either.
This said, can i just unscrew the hoses from the drier and condenser now, I've read that the system is filled with oil as well as refrigerant gas...is this likely to pour out on removal? Are any special tools or other parts required for carrying out the work? Obviously il be getting my A/C engineer to recharge the system once it's all complete.