Author Topic: could a door seal make your boot wet.  (Read 2078 times)

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
could a door seal make your boot wet.
« on: 05 June 2012, 14:50 »
though I fixed it but turns out I haven't. :-( now its raining again my boot and under my back seat is soaking. I just notice the rear door seal has dropped compaire to the other side. could that be my problem? also do I need to get a new seal or can I use sealent to just patch up the gap lol... I hear replacing the seal is a pain in the arse.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: could a door seal make your boot wet.
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2012, 14:55 »
Get inside and get someone to hose suspected areas,hopefully that should show where the leak is :wink:

VW BUSH

  • Guest
Re: could a door seal make your boot wet.
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2012, 14:57 »
Worth checking the seal around rear lights as well while your at it.
Door seal is an easy job.

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: could a door seal make your boot wet.
« Reply #3 on: 05 June 2012, 15:43 »
I thought it was the rear lights so brought new gaskets but been really nice weather for the last two weeks untill now. I will have to wait for a nice day to do the hose trick. thought it might of been roof seal so stuck that back down with sealent. the water is coming from above the rear wheel arch in the boot down the side all the way to the boot that's all the wet patches. then puddle in boot.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: could a door seal make your boot wet.
« Reply #4 on: 05 June 2012, 22:12 »
Do you have a factory sunroof fitted, if so check the drain hoses are going down through the grommets in the corner all ok.

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: could a door seal make your boot wet.
« Reply #5 on: 05 June 2012, 23:04 »
Do you have a factory sunroof fitted, if so check the drain hoses are going down through the grommets in the corner all ok.

no no sunroof, but on a quick inspection i noticed the roof seal actually has a chunk out of it, under the door i'm not expecting this to be the case. all fun and games.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: could a door seal make your boot wet.
« Reply #6 on: 05 June 2012, 23:55 »
I think your tail light gaskets are the problem

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: could a door seal make your boot wet.
« Reply #7 on: 06 June 2012, 01:12 »
there new ones tho :-/
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: could a door seal make your boot wet.
« Reply #8 on: 06 June 2012, 10:51 »
there new ones tho :-/

In that case, check the boot seal.

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: could a door seal make your boot wet.
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2012, 14:30 »
there new ones tho :-/

In that case, check the boot seal.

yup was the boot seal. ordering a new one.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6