Author Topic: Fog Light Wiring Loom  (Read 1749 times)

Offline pinson

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 99
Fog Light Wiring Loom
« on: 05 June 2012, 10:58 »
I have an early mk3 gti so it didnt have front fog lights as standard. I have bought fog lights from the scrappy but I am scratching my head a little as I can't find a fog light wiring loom off the internet.

I have got the new switch so I can turn the front fogs on. Will I need any relays for this?

Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene
Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2012, 12:37 »
Have are a loom on Ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK3-FRONT-FOGLIGHT-LOOM-/270955382033?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f16330511

Seem to by more heated seat looms than for front fog lights :undecided:


Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2012, 13:07 »
Il have a spare loom for sale in a couple of days if you're interested mate?

Offline pinson

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 99
Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
« Reply #3 on: 05 June 2012, 13:48 »
Yeah I have noticed that they are all mostly heated seat looms.

What price is on the spare one mate?

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
« Reply #4 on: 05 June 2012, 16:38 »
Well seeing as that one on eBay is £29.99 + £4.99 postage il do mine for £25 including p&p.

Offline pinson

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 99
Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2012, 13:18 »
What conncetors are on the headlights? are they round or square?

Also do you know if I will need any additional relays?

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Fog Light Wiring Loom
« Reply #6 on: 06 June 2012, 14:52 »
It's a late loom, so oval headlight connector blocks. Converters are available anyway or simple cut your existing ones off. No additional relays are required, its simply plug and play.