Author Topic: help needed with fitting bucket seats  (Read 1250 times)

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
help needed with fitting bucket seats
« on: 04 June 2012, 20:31 »


so this is a pic of the seats i am trying to fit have had no luck trying to get road legal runners for these so looking for advice on fittment of them.

at the moment there on vectra runners but clearly thats not going to fit so took the standard gti seat out this afternoon to see what lies ahead and if honest have no idea how i am going to make them work without the proper runners, the  seats are corbeau forzsa 2000s  please help   :grin:





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: help needed with fitting bucket seats
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2012, 20:41 »
I put Subaru Turbo seats in my old Mark 3. To do this I had to cut the Scooby runners off and cut the runners off the Golf seats and then drill and bolt the Golf runners onto the Scooby seats. The best way is to weld them on but drill and bolt works. Mine were solid in the car and never became loose.

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: help needed with fitting bucket seats
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2012, 20:48 »
cool chears deano was starting to think about welding them as cant see any other way of doing it, just haft to make sure its able to go though a MOT  :grin:





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: help needed with fitting bucket seats
« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2012, 20:49 »
As long as the chairs are solid at test time then they will pass. If the tester grabs the chairs and feels movement it fails.

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: help needed with fitting bucket seats
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2012, 20:53 »
cool i might give a mate a shout on this one just so they get done right dont want to do it half arsed if that makes sence





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!