Author Topic: things turned around?  (Read 1944 times)

Offline 16valver dan

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 312
  • 1.8 20v turbo MK4 Golf
things turned around?
« on: 04 June 2012, 13:17 »
during the final months of last year mk3's ended up mostly scrapped and nobody wanted them.. went for a nice cruise down to the shop this morning and see 5-6 of them in the space of 10 mins all slightly modified and one with a vento front. is it just norfolk or has the mk3 craze been re-ignited?
il update the sig when i get a good photoshoot ;)

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: things turned around?
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2012, 13:53 »
A few of them get put away for the winter and now the Summers apparantly coming they come out. I plan to have mine put away this winter and buy a cheap runaround for the winter months.

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: things turned around?
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2012, 13:57 »
I live in east Devon and there are quite a few tidy mk3's around, mostly 8 and 16v's and a few very clean VR's.

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: things turned around?
« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2012, 16:04 »
A few of them get put away for the winter and now the Summers apparantly coming they come out. I plan to have mine put away this winter and buy a cheap runaround for the winter months.

You could buy another mk3?
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: things turned around?
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2012, 16:26 »
A few of them get put away for the winter and now the Summers apparantly coming they come out. I plan to have mine put away this winter and buy a cheap runaround for the winter months.

You could buy another mk3?

Got my eye on a couple Bud.....either a Mark 3 or Mark 4....who knows  :wink:

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: things turned around?
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2012, 16:37 »
Mk4 bargains are there to be had dude an for a runaround they are fab, I got my mum a 99 plate 1.8 20v, full service history, no tax or mot for £500!! The car had some minor arch damage an had a leaky rad, it flew throught the mot too!! Keep your eyes peeled I drove past that one that was up for £1195 but had seen it sat there for 5 months so went in with a cheeky offer an the dude took my hand off