Author Topic: What products to use to get that?  (Read 8847 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
What products to use to get that?
« on: 04 June 2012, 09:52 »
So then I'm after that deep wet look shine on my candy white...

What's the best products to use to achieve this?

Thanks
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: What products to use to get that?
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2012, 13:28 »
Dodo juice supernatural works well on white, not the cheapest though but goes a very long way as you only need to use a tiny amount, i got a panel pot that i had about 6-8 coats from. :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2012, 16:22 »
I would say ether Dodo SN or the Dodo Hybrid , but it depends how much you want to spend, also its about preping the surface first get a good sealant underneath first !! :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2012, 16:40 »
Thanks gents, will read up on the products mentioned...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2012, 17:28 »
Okay been on the Waxamomo site and theres a few different dodo supers, which ones the best for the wet look...

And Steve, I see you've had a thread about this yourself...

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2012, 20:35 »
Another one to consider if you're looking for a high gloss, wet look finish;

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=pbwdsg

No customer reviews on Waxamomo site, but there are some on Clean Your Car website;

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/glazes/poorboys-white-diamond/prod_551.html

I've not used this product before, but I have used the equivalent for dark coloured cars (Poorboys Black Hole) and was really impressed with the glossy, wet-look finish it gave.

As Steve30 says, preparation is the key, as the products will adhere better to the paintwork and maximise the effect of your hard work. When I used BH, it was after washing (2 BM), towel drying, claying, rinsing and 2nd towel drying, polishing. Glaze then applied and topped off with a good wax to seal in the glaze.

Can take quite a while, but the end results are worth it, but be prepared for the usual comments from the neighbours; "you can do mine next", "you cleaning that car again?", "you'll wash, the paint off", " you'll make it rain again"........................

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2012, 20:39 »
White Diamond is a great product and highly recommended, but if your going with the SN Hybrid, consider Dodo Lime Prime  :wink:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 June 2012, 21:42 »
Another one to consider if you're looking for a high gloss, wet look finish;

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=pbwdsg

No customer reviews on Waxamomo site, but there are some on Clean Your Car website;

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/glazes/poorboys-white-diamond/prod_551.html

I've not used this product before, but I have used the equivalent for dark coloured cars (Poorboys Black Hole) and was really impressed with the glossy, wet-look finish it gave.

As Steve30 says, preparation is the key, as the products will adhere better to the paintwork and maximise the effect of your hard work. When I used BH, it was after washing (2 BM), towel drying, claying, rinsing and 2nd towel drying, polishing. Glaze then applied and topped off with a good wax to seal in the glaze.

Can take quite a while, but the end results are worth it, but be prepared for the usual comments from the neighbours; "you can do mine next", "you cleaning that car again?", "you'll wash, the paint off", " you'll make it rain again"........................

Thanks for the advice and links, much appreciated....I will be giving the car a real good clean before applying any quality product that's for sure....I can see it now, the mrs saying "why you taking so long Steve" and my reply will be perfection take time and effort, now go and make the coffee.... :laugh:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 04 June 2012, 21:46 »
White Diamond is a great product and highly recommended, but if your going with the SN Hybrid, consider Dodo Lime Prime  :wink:

Cheers Chris for the emails/links and advice mate...it's good to know there's someone like yourself out there to help us O.C.D nuts out..

I will be taking your advice and purchasing the SN Hybrid paste and the Prime Lime and some applicators v soon..

Ta mate :wink:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 04 June 2012, 22:11 »

Cheers Chris for the emails/links and advice mate...it's good to know there's someone like yourself out there to help us O.C.D nuts out..

I will be taking your advice and purchasing the SN Hybrid paste and the Prime Lime and some applicators v soon...

Ta mate :wink:

Order placed Chris :wink: