Author Topic: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Bandit127

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
« on: 02 June 2012, 20:12 »
Will any VAG steering wheel (from the same era) fit my Golf?

I want to upgrade mine and have read someone put an Audi R8 one in theirs (it cost an arm and a leg though). Aftermarket sports ones are out as I want to keep the airbag and don't want messing about at MOT time.

I am on a budget so I am thinking maybe a leather one from an A6 from about 2000 would be a lot nicer and would also have an airbag.


Offline Golf_GT_TDI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 886
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
Re: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2012, 20:57 »
I've heard of Mk4 and Audi A3/S3 ones being fitted, can't remember what needs doing though for them to fit

Offline Michael

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 56
  • I love YaBB 1G - What the hell did I type here?
Re: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2012, 21:19 »
I've heard of Mk4 and Audi A3/S3 ones being fitted, can't remember what needs doing though for them to fit

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=163495.0

And getting a mk4 one to fit...

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=189572.msg1770950;topicseen#msg1770950
« Last Edit: 02 June 2012, 21:21 by Michael »

Offline Rmachines

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,901
  • Passat 20vT Estate and Candy White MK3 1.8 GL
Re: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2012, 21:27 »
I have a MK3.5 wheel for sale, air bag is straight swap.   :wink:
10 golfs and counting! 

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!


Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Steering wheel options keeping an airbag
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2012, 23:55 »
How much?


Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi