Author Topic: smoothing bumpers.  (Read 4403 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: smoothing bumpers.
« Reply #10 on: 02 June 2012, 18:42 »
Google is your friend  :wink: 2nd one down

http://bit.ly/N6dZ2l



 was going to do what bellend did but am now going to do this. need to get myself another rear bumper.

looking forward to doing then now  :grin:
cheers guys

VW BUSH

  • Guest

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
Re: smoothing bumpers.
« Reply #12 on: 02 June 2012, 21:55 »
Rest assured that it didn't take any strength out of the bumper by the time I was finished!

Red hot screwdriver (soldering iron just not hot enough) in and twist slightly then melt the join and surrounding area and feed plastic strips in. I smacked it not long after and couldn't believe how well it held up!

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.


Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: smoothing bumpers.
« Reply #14 on: 03 June 2012, 17:14 »
That's not how i want to do mine. But cheers.

Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene
Re: smoothing bumpers.
« Reply #15 on: 03 June 2012, 17:18 »
No lights???

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: smoothing bumpers.
« Reply #16 on: 03 June 2012, 17:42 »
No lights???

yep gona loose the light holes and numberplate bit but keep the groove along the tops to keep the golf look.

where do i stick the numberplate though?

Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene
Re: smoothing bumpers.
« Reply #17 on: 03 June 2012, 18:00 »
Either hang it in front of the centre air vent or fit it on the VR6 splitter, I want to go smooth on the Cabrio.

post up a How to when you do yours :wink:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: smoothing bumpers.
« Reply #18 on: 03 June 2012, 18:25 »
where are you gunna put your indicators stainesy?
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline tshirt2k

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,323
  • Been there...Done that...
Re: smoothing bumpers.
« Reply #19 on: 03 June 2012, 18:42 »
Mk4 style lights?


Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose