Author Topic: Wheel bolts  (Read 4921 times)

Offline Egg On Toast

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 169
Wheel bolts
« on: 02 June 2012, 10:52 »
Before I go changing my wheels how do these come out? Just a case of undo them and bobs your uncle?

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Wheel bolts
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2012, 11:00 »
If you seriously don't know how to remove a wheel then I seriously suggest you don't even attempt to change the wheels.

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Wheel bolts
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2012, 11:01 »
 :shocked:

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: Wheel bolts
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2012, 11:23 »
Even I know how to change a wheel! :shocked:

Offline JC

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 13,393
  • Back in the North.
Re: Wheel bolts
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2012, 11:35 »
aprils fools day again already  :grin: :laugh:

VW BUSH

  • Guest
Re: Wheel bolts
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2012, 11:44 »
Late Mk3's have bolts that undo clockwise, if they are really tight you might be going the wrong way :wink:

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Wheel bolts
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2012, 12:10 »
And strangely enough Bob is my wife's uncle.

Offline Egg On Toast

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 169
Re: Wheel bolts
« Reply #7 on: 02 June 2012, 12:13 »
Ive had cars with nuts as apposed to bolts usually hence the question. I know how to change a wheel was just making sure I wasnt about to destroy the thing lol (wheels came with new bolts) now i look at the bolts it makes sense! Ignore the retarded question.

Also disencouraging someone to try something is plain moronic... how else will they learn?

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Wheel bolts
« Reply #8 on: 02 June 2012, 12:14 »
 :rolleyes:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Wheel bolts
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2012, 12:16 »
i dont mean to mock, and im all up for helping people out but, what did you think was going to happen?
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi