Author Topic: 1996 preg 2.0 gti 8v cutting out at junctions. please help??  (Read 1519 times)

Offline markmrmark3

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 2
I have a mk3 GTI 8v 1996 p/reg. It starts and drives as normal but when you come to a junction/roundabout and put your foot on the clutch, it cuts out. It starts again as normal but when you come to the next junction it happens again.

Please can someone let me know what it may or my not be???

Cheers

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
try a seach bud, theres a lot of threads about gtis cutting out
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
dirty throttle body. as above use search function or look in the maintanance section
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Have a look at this thread:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=101400.0

Try those and see if that sorts it.

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
dirty throttle body usall suspect  :grin:





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline DUBboi12

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
Same problem that I had, my MAF was causing it for me

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Check the cable on the crank speed sensor.