Author Topic: Lambda fault?  (Read 1019 times)

Offline ALTERNATOR

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 54
Lambda fault?
« on: 01 June 2012, 22:01 »
Hello guys

My car has a pretty bad gas mileage and the idle is jumpy :undecided:. I just runs pretty rough through the whole rev range. Been to a mechanic friend who has VCDS. Ok, while scanning it he showed me the lambda values with the engine running. They we're really jumpy, all over the place but within the accepted limits. He told me it should stay at a realtively constant value. Is he right? Is the lambda sensor screwed up?

Offline itavaltalainen

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,693
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: Lambda fault?
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2012, 13:08 »
Which engine code is this? Lambda jumping means it's working, if it wasn't it would be the same all along.

I suspect air leak or could be your throttle being dirty.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Luke1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 530
Re: Lambda fault?
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2012, 14:56 »
How bad is the mpg?
MK IV GT TDI 150 PD / MKII CADDY SDI