Author Topic: smooooooooth  (Read 5841 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
smooooooooth
« on: 01 June 2012, 12:45 »
ok today i decided to do to my gti what i did to my black one.
removed and blanked and the rear wiper and spoiler.
much cleaner look and i like it better on a lowered car.

what do ya think?



Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: smooooooooth
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2012, 12:50 »
IMHO,
needs the spoiler or a window without the holes bunged up & for the dewiper to look right needs the pressing cut out & smoothed as now it looks like somethings missing with them bungs sat in there... 

just my 2p worth but its your car dude!!

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: smooooooooth
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2012, 12:54 »
i like it. not a fan of the GTi spoiler gives it a more smooth look.

iv got that rubber bung thing in my wiper but im thinking of going the whole 10 yards and doing it the proper way.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: smooooooooth
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2012, 12:57 »
thast fair enought mate  :grin:

the car is not a finnished project and i dont mind the 3 tiny little grommets at the top of the window. not really that noticable.

i aint gona spend silly money cutting and smoothing the boot then having it resprayed. that is good enough for me. when i have wider wheels and a decent stance i think it looks better with the smooth back.
it will do me for now. maybe sometime i will buy a spare boot and do all that to it.

looked good on my other mk3. although it was black so the bung kinda fitted in more  :grin:

« Last Edit: 01 June 2012, 13:13 by stainesy »

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: smooooooooth
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2012, 13:30 »
From what I have read a wiper bung is a bad idea as it is an easy way to break into the car  :undecided:

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: smooooooooth
« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2012, 13:36 »
mine is locked in a garage when not is use and has a clifford alarm with a proximety sensor so good luck to anybody that touches my car for more than a few second  :grin:

everytime i open my garage door to get it out my car has ago at me with a loud buzz sound.

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: smooooooooth
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2012, 14:38 »
aaaaarrrrrr........ now you see it looks really well on the black one, i think its the angle of the photo perhaps  :cool:

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: smooooooooth
« Reply #7 on: 01 June 2012, 15:06 »
yeah its the stance and all the other bits aswell. as said its the start of a new project and once all the other bits start to take shape on it it will work well. :cool:

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: smooooooooth
« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2012, 16:17 »
Just done the boot lid to mine while I wait to smooth it properly, looks good IMO . I am stuck with my spoiler tho as I stuck it on with tiger seal when I first brought the car....kinda regretted it since!


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: smooooooooth
« Reply #9 on: 01 June 2012, 16:23 »
Mine had black glue Golding it on aswell as the bolts. Just took abit of going over carefully with a Stanley blade and a hard rub with a microfiber cloth and it all came off. Plus a little bit of thinners on a cloth and job done.