Author Topic: Colour Concept Interior  (Read 3894 times)

Offline gossy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 19
Colour Concept Interior
« on: 30 May 2012, 13:25 »
Hi, had a little look around but can't quite find all the answers I need so though I'd post here (apologies if it's the wrong place)

I was just wondering whether you can fit a colour concept interior into a 3dr mk3, have been looking around on e-bay and can't seem to find many for 3drs? Also I have currently on my car a set of widened steel wheels, they are looking very old and tatty, as I am a learner I dont really have the money, or skills (yet) to warrant a pair of alloy wheels, so wondering about paint colour suggestions, my mk3 is dark blue. Both my front and back bumpers are very faded plastic, I was wondering whether it would be possible to re-paint/re-dye them to make them look better or would I have to buy new ones? I have had no experiences with Golf's before so very unsure as to what is possible! Cheers

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: Colour Concept Interior
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2012, 13:37 »
if you mean would a 5dr interior fit into a 3dr, then no it wont. The rear seats will fit and the fronts will bit but wont have the tilt to get into the back. Door cards and pillars etc wont fit and the doors are different sizes etc

As for the bumpers if wanting to colour code them I think you would need new ones unless a lot of work is put into preping the plastic ones ready for paint
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline negawsklov

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 313
Re: Colour Concept Interior
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2012, 18:05 »
As far as I'm aware all CC interiors have tilt front seat regardless if from a 3 or 5 dr

Offline wheatobear

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 170
Re: Colour Concept Interior
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2012, 18:26 »
my CC is a 3 door and it comes with 2 tilt mechanisms on each seat just incase one breaks!

Offline madmanmart

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 938
Re: Colour Concept Interior
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2012, 18:47 »
As far as I'm aware all CC interiors have tilt front seat regardless if from a 3 or 5 dr

That is correct  :smiley:


Mk3 Golf 3dr GTI 16v
Mk3 Golf Cabriolet TD
20vt Corrado track car project

Offline FlashRedThree

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
  • MK III Flash Red 1.4 SE + MK V DBP 2.0T GTI
Re: Colour Concept Interior
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2012, 19:33 »
You could just use a tin of back to black to remove the fading from the bumpers...much cheaper than spraying them...unless you want to of course.

Offline gossy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 19
Re: Colour Concept Interior
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2012, 22:06 »
Ahh that is great =) do the rear seat from a 5dr fit in the 3dr as well, or do I have to get the rear bench seat from a 3dr? As for the back to black I might give that a go, is it fairly easy to get hold of?
Cheers

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Colour Concept Interior
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2012, 22:12 »
dont use back to black on the bumpers its sh!t. use Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel. it will bring back the black perminantly. and if you just run a tiny bit over every month or so they will be lovely and shiney.
i have used this at car shows and always looks great. and instantly turns the most faded bumper black again  :wink:

gossy i have sent you a private message mate  :wink:
« Last Edit: 30 May 2012, 22:18 by stainesy »

Offline gossy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 19
Re: Colour Concept Interior
« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2012, 22:35 »
Hey mate, sorry won't let my view my personal messages for some reason, but I got a notification e-mail so had a read, at the moment im not looking to sell or swap, just because I don't have the driving skill to ensure that I don't wreck a pair alloys, maybe in 6 months or so, when i've passed my test there may be scope for a swap, bought the banded steels for £300 already on the car, so don't know masses about them. Sorry that I can't sell at the moment, but maybe in the future, when i've got my driving, and the car up to a better standar, I might think about it. Sorry mate!

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: Colour Concept Interior
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2012, 22:37 »
It's cheaper to buy secound hand bumpers in your colour from eBay. I saw a rear gti bumper go for 99p the other week!

Get the cc seats then just get black leather 3dr doorcards. Get yellow cc seats then spray your steels the same yellow  :wink:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr