Author Topic: is a remap safe  (Read 16313 times)

Offline stfc_gti

• I live here
Re: is a remap safe
« Reply #20 on: 20 June 2012, 13:41 »
gti6s are dog awful, made from baked bean tins. horrid french tat :sick:

Probably the most ill-informed post here. A GTi6 will wipe the floor with any standard Mk4 GTI, even the Anniversary ed. It'll out accelerate, out brake, out corner and sound twice as good. As a drivers car, the Mk4 is the dog awful car from the two.
someones on the wrong forum
2002 1.8T GTI AUM, Standard (not for much longer)

Offline MK3GTI_16Valve

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 04 July 2012, 13:14 »
gti6s are dog awful, made from baked bean tins. horrid french tat :sick:

Probably the most ill-informed post here. A GTi6 will wipe the floor with any standard Mk4 GTI, even the Anniversary ed. It'll out accelerate, out brake, out corner and sound twice as good. As a drivers car, the Mk4 is the dog awful car from the two.
someones on the wrong forum

Think everything he said is true...it would out accelerate, out brake etc etc...it's a fair comment..the forum he's on doesn't change the fact...

Offline Big Dodz

• Just got here
« Reply #22 on: 06 August 2012, 13:55 »
 :huh:
And why does everyone say get a panel filter not an induction kit. do they make the car sound nicer cos i want a bit more noise not to much but a nice growl. Thanks again Neil
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle...

Offline james c

• Not said much yet
  • honda eater
« Reply #23 on: 10 September 2012, 22:06 »
mapin is safe , u can stay safe and go low , or squish everything out of it .... upgrades to certain parts needed the higher u go :),
a lot more den 70 , top end u need a lot of air fow

induction kits are dirt , car is bein starved of the proper air

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #24 on: 13 September 2012, 18:03 »
mapping not 100% safe..  a remap could be the last straw which breaks the donkeys back.

A map is only as good as the hardware.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline james c

• Not said much yet
  • honda eater
« Reply #25 on: 13 September 2012, 20:04 »
Only as safe as the engine..

Post remap the turbo, engine or clutch could fail straight away... Bad times   On the other hand you could have 100,000 miles of faultless fun ...... Happy days!!!

With remapping, chip tuning, hardware tuning, modding ect.. there is always an element of risk, if this risk worries you or could cause you financial hardship then keep the car 100% stock and dont tune.

Is bungee jumping safe???  I would not do it just in case the elastic band snapped...lol

Biggest trouble after my map was boost pipes popping off, so I got steel fittings made at the time.

anything fun is always a gamble  :smiley:

Offline Cadde GTI Turbo

• Not said much yet
  • Caddie MK4 1.8TURBO
« Reply #26 on: 18 September 2012, 12:27 »
Had my 1.8t remapped about a year ago now R-Teck Hinckly, thanks guys" had no problems at all  :smiley:

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #27 on: 23 September 2012, 21:43 »

Post remap the turbo, engine or clutch could fail straight away... Bad times   On the other hand you could have 100,000 miles of faultless fun ...... Happy days!!!

With remapping, chip tuning, hardware tuning, modding ect.. there is always an element of risk, if this risk worries you or could cause you financial hardship then keep the car 100% stock and dont tune.

Is bungee jumping safe???  I would not do it just in case the elastic band snapped...lol

Biggest trouble after my map was boost pipes popping off, so I got steel fittings made at the time.

That's because your map held 28psi of boost to the redline.  :grin:
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline james c

• Not said much yet
  • honda eater
« Reply #28 on: 24 September 2012, 14:58 »

That's because your map held 28psi of boost to the redline.  :grin:

ha true :)

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #29 on: 25 September 2012, 16:27 »
My Golf has been remapped for 4 or 5 years ( I dont remember) and my Passat was done nearly 2 years ago.
Both done by Rtech and all has been fine.
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk