Author Topic: Overboosting actuator adjustment  (Read 6481 times)

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
Re: Overboosting actuator adjustment
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2012, 22:32 »
Can remaps do that? I'd have thought that the map would be requesting X and getting specified as X+400 then something mechanically isn't right?

Plenty of people seem to be having a great time with blacksmoke remaps

Plus theres the issue that PSI found it overboosing and into limp mode prior to the remap, but i suppose for diagnosing sake it would be best to revert to stock

Maps only do what the tuner asks for..

With this situation the best way to log is in stock form, the logs I got sent from Topher at MidVW only showed a small picture, the problem is that me or Topher dont know what the map is doing we could just see 400mb over shoot and high DC..    There are 5 boost maps and a waste gate duty cycle map which all needs to be taken into account when logging, ie to see how the hardware is deviating from the map.

Best bet is to get the stock map loaded back to the car and pop it down to have it logged and the vnt setpoint reset to the factory position.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline mrapoc

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2012, 12:22 »
Ok.

You guys aren't open on a Saturday by any chance? I work 9 till 5 weekdays and its an hours drive  :evil:

When I get round to it ill get it back to stock and do some WOT logging (3rd gear full throttle from 1k revs) and ill post it back here  :smiley:

Decat next week though - would be wicked if that sorted it all!

edit: I haven't done the inlet mani yet - the EGR was in a bad state - could this be contributing too? Seems a pig of a job
« Last Edit: 27 May 2012, 12:24 by mrapoc »

Offline mrapoc

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 08 June 2012, 13:09 »
Just an update

Gone back to stock
It still overboosted

Cleaned out EGR and Manifold plus decatted it
Got it into limp mode this morning whilst giving it a good thrash - guessing overboost still

but...my brakes definately feel worse - brake booster leaking creating vacuum problems with the n75???

Offline old_n07

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 08 June 2012, 13:59 »
check all the vac lines round the EGR and valves as they all run off the same vac system as the brakes :afro:
Quote from: mikemk4golf
Hey you're a moderator, I want a serious answer not someone who takes the piss!

Grammar is the difference between Helping your Uncle jack off a horse and Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse.

Not so standard Gt TDi
Cluster Mods FAQ | Miles to Empty Guide

Offline mrapoc

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 17 June 2012, 16:34 »
Ok so

Decatted it
Cleaned manifold

Drives better but still overboosts and can limp under full load or throttle.

Adjust actuator back to the stock paint line on rod. Now its overboosting a bit more often I think. It was a good inch longer from the paint line before.

All the vac lines are in the correct order and the n75 was replaced not too long ago (to rule this out). I don't think its the vanes as its not constant boost, it does seem to vary with the drive, the arm moves smoothly and I can't see why it would be after having them cleaned less than a year ago (and driving hard)

I'm at a loss...unless the stop screw under the vnt arm needs adjusting. Bloody thing

Offline old_n07

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 17 June 2012, 18:49 »
an inch is a heck of a lot to adjust the actuator, a turn or two at most usually does it
Quote from: mikemk4golf
Hey you're a moderator, I want a serious answer not someone who takes the piss!

Grammar is the difference between Helping your Uncle jack off a horse and Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse.

Not so standard Gt TDi
Cluster Mods FAQ | Miles to Empty Guide

Offline mrapoc

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 17 June 2012, 21:27 »
Well PSI tuning had retarded it by an inch from the factory paint mark.

I've set it back to the mark now, which means it starts moving the arm at approx 4hg vacuum rather than 10 before