Author Topic: number plate bulb-where can they be bought?  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Jasikasisback

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 782
number plate bulb-where can they be bought?
« on: 21 May 2012, 13:52 »
ahh yes the number plate bulb went out and i cannot get the rusted screw out...well I will get it out...eventually..

anyways where do i buy the number plate bulb? I've taken the one out of the other side that works and it is just held by a few clips..(I hope that it is just loose, so I stick it back in and it works..but probably not...so I will need a new bulb...

Just in case I break the housing..are these readily available as well?

Usually I buy the stop light bulbs at Poundland as it burns out every couple of months....tried a bosch one and it burned out even quicker...never mind....

if anyone can tell me where to get these...(as Halfords near me doesn't have them in stock and the dealer will probably be expensive..)

thanks ahead of time

Offline xAntiVenxm

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 152
Re: number plate bulb-where can they be bought?
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2012, 14:01 »
literally any auto parts shop big or small should have bulbs.. even shops that sell random things might have em.
best bet is somewhere like all parts, europarts, or halfords, all will have a guarantee on it, if it dies within whatever their warantee is you get a new one free. poundland bulbs will die every month.
as for the housing, all parts, europarts, or ebay

Offline Jasikasisback

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 782
Re: number plate bulb-where can they be bought?
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2012, 21:12 »
Bulbs have a warranty in halfords?that's news to me. My bosch bulb lasted a month.

Offline xAntiVenxm

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 152
Re: number plate bulb-where can they be bought?
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2012, 21:17 »
not from halfords, halfords own brand is terrible stuff, but some branded products will do if you ring them up and tell them their lightbulb lasted a month under normal conditions they might give you a free replacement.
if your bulbs are dying that fast, maybe the wiring in your headlights is going faulty. dodgy wiring = blown bulbs

Offline Jasikasisback

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 782
Re: number plate bulb-where can they be bought?
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2012, 00:02 »
I think its a general fault as have seen t
Many vws with bad tailights. Germans are not the best electricians..

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: number plate bulb-where can they be bought?
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2012, 22:17 »
hmm....... well.... ive not had a rear bulb blow in 3 years.... something is not right with your rear lights dude, is it the correct ampage on the fuse......

Offline trog_nfs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 975
Re: number plate bulb-where can they be bought?
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2012, 22:21 »
not from halfords, halfords own brand is terrible stuff, but some branded products will do if you ring them up and tell them their lightbulb lasted a month under normal conditions they might give you a free replacement.
if your bulbs are dying that fast, maybe the wiring in your headlights is going faulty. dodgy wiring = blown bulbs

Halfords bulbs are made by Ring