Author Topic: Are these wheels worth the price....  (Read 1812 times)

VW BUSH

  • Guest

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: Are these wheels worth the price....
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2012, 20:23 »
Something not right.
Aren't they BBS RX IIs?
In which case...16" not 15"

And with those tyres...on a Mk3?
I doubt it.
More likely a Mk4.
So the tyres will be no use for a Mk3.

If the wheels are in good nick, then £325 is probably an OK price...but bear in mind they are likely to be 6.5" wide Mk4/Bora wheels not 7.0" wide Anniversary wheels.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline Bandit127

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
Re: Are these wheels worth the price....
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2012, 20:37 »
Give him a ring in the morning to check. Looks like a husband and wife team and they are open from 6:00 - even on a Saturday (WTF with that!!!)

That is where I picked my starter motor up from yesterday morning. He seemed to know what he is doing and is a specialist VW breaker - so he should do.

I had a look at the wheels as I was waiting and saw those but don't remember if they were 15s or not. They had a whole load of Audi wheels.

So far my experience with them has been top notch. They are in Angmering West Sussex.

BTW - I tell it like it is and have no agenda other than they sorted me out a starter motor for my broken car that fitted right and worked - for which I am grateful.

 
« Last Edit: 20 May 2012, 20:41 by Bandit127 »

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Are these wheels worth the price....
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2012, 21:45 »
They seem expensive to me.

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: Are these wheels worth the price....
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2012, 22:23 »
have seen the same for a lot cheaper and in better nic  :grin:





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Are these wheels worth the price....
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2012, 23:20 »
I'd keep hunting mate.

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Are these wheels worth the price....
« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2012, 23:34 »
Am i the only one who dont like them? how ever i do luv the BBS rs2 (rsii)  :drool:
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

VW BUSH

  • Guest
Re: Are these wheels worth the price....
« Reply #7 on: 05 June 2012, 14:31 »
bit of a Lazarus, thanks for the info but they just did not do it for me in the flesh (Mk4 wheels)
decided to stick with me VR wheels and put the money to something else :wink: