Author Topic: Headlining refixing and cleaning advice  (Read 5313 times)

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: Headlining refixing and cleaning advice
« Reply #20 on: 12 June 2012, 19:25 »
I'd get 2.5m bud, it only cost me £12 something. Reason I said 2m is enough is because when I measured I got 190cm from front to back, but you might want a bit extra for getting the ends right so you can fold it back on itself.


Yeah our right!

Nice one big dawg

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline Buckfizzturbo

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 423
Re: Headlining refixing and cleaning advice
« Reply #21 on: 12 June 2012, 19:31 »
This has to be the cheapest way to clean headlining and cream trims.

What I used was some 15p tesco kitchen sponges and some 1001 carpet cleaner. Bit of hot water scrub away with the rough side of the sponge and allow to dry or use wet vac etc if available. I left mine on its side over night near the radiator. The outcome:




Not the best pics but it all cleaned up really nice. Not bad for bout £5
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook


Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: Headlining refixing and cleaning advice
« Reply #22 on: 12 June 2012, 19:39 »
That's a good outcome mate, I'm wanting to get blak ABC pillars and do something with the headlining to match personally, but may give this a go for the short term.

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: Headlining refixing and cleaning advice
« Reply #23 on: 12 June 2012, 19:44 »
good outcome bukz, however what i didnt know untill i was educated by my cousin, is that unless you can flush out the detergent thoroughly, it will get dirty very rapidly, same with carpets aparently :cool:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 423
Re: Headlining refixing and cleaning advice
« Reply #24 on: 13 June 2012, 01:20 »
Cheers shady im the same as you but until then I had to make the interior mint and this really did work. The plastics look like new.

Thanks dogbot perhaps a good Hoover of the roof lining once clean and dried would sort that. I really don't like a dirty interior so do tend to keep on top of it
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook