Author Topic: Number plat trim  (Read 1220 times)

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
Number plat trim
« on: 12 May 2012, 22:43 »
Went to remove number plate trim to find sum kind person has tried to do it in the past and roundud the screw heads off how do I remove screws now?? With out damaging car or trim???

Offline spikenipple

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 644
Re: Number plat trim
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2012, 22:45 »
If you have a Dremel handy, get the ultra-thin cutting disc and cut a straight slot in it, then use a flatblade screwdriver to undo them   :wink:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Number plat trim
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2012, 22:55 »
Good idea!

I used a pair of pliers
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline m106_mk3

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 39
Re: Number plat trim
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2012, 23:10 »
drill the heads off then drill new holes? thats wat i did lol

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Number plat trim
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2012, 23:19 »
Whip out the oxy-acetalene  :evil: