Author Topic: Mk3 Service History  (Read 2713 times)

Offline taztomo58

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 45
Mk3 Service History
« on: 10 May 2012, 18:56 »
I've just got a Mk3 Golf 1997 1.4 and it's got 120k on the clock.
When i brought it the owner didn't have the service book with it an was curious if people knew what should have been done to the car by now? and when the next service should be up due in terms of mileage?

Thanks Harry


Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Mk3 Service History
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2012, 19:04 »
Oil and filter every 5k or 6 months

Full service every 20k

Air filter, brake fluid and coolant every 2 years regardless of mileage

Cambelt every 60k

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Mk3 Service History
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2012, 20:34 »
Cambelt every 60k

I think cambelt is now every 40k or 4 years.

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Mk3 Service History
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2012, 20:41 »
Haynes says 60k  :smiley:

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Mk3 Service History
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2012, 20:46 »
Haynes says 60k  :smiley:

I would not trust a cambelt for 60k, I have always gone for every 40k or 4 years.

Offline Len

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,292
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Mk3 Service History
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2012, 20:51 »
Bout time I had mine done then!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: Mk3 Service History
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2012, 22:32 »
Mine to its done almost 70k babys takin all my cash  :grin:





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
Re: Mk3 Service History
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2012, 23:42 »
30 odd quid for a kit, doddle to change, why bother not doing it?

I charge £60 + VAT on 8v, 1.8 and engines below that and £70 on a 16v.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Mk3 Service History
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2012, 23:48 »
Why charge £70 on the 16v? It's still got 1 pulley, so still the same amount of work.

Not picking, juts wondering.

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
Re: Mk3 Service History
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2012, 23:56 »
Why charge £70 on the 16v? It's still got 1 pulley, so still the same amount of work.

Not picking, juts wondering.

Cause Autodata lists more time for job. There's normally a reason and that's the time/price guide for garages.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.