Author Topic: Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh help  (Read 3159 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh help
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2012, 18:39 »
Ok mate sweet I ll try that in the morning. And yeah cheers fella.
What a bloody day.

The morning started off nice and sunny. Then with 2 front coilys fitted it p!sses down and don't stop all day after till now. Then wile trying to change rear wheel bearing I found somebody had rounded off the Allen key bolt on the caliper bolt so can't do that. Then on the very last bolt of fitting coilys it snapped all wile laying in a 2 inch puddle of water being rained on. All my tool boxes are now full of water.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day  :grin:
Gutted as the front of the car looks really nice lowered now.
Was ment to be driving over to junior74 to get a new exhaust tonight and have a drawl over his wheels  :grin:
Ok rant over  :grin:
« Last Edit: 10 May 2012, 18:47 by stainesy »

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
Re: Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh help
« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2012, 19:36 »
I've got a bolt as well If you can not get one Pm me.

I did my radiator yesterday in that weather as well how much fun I had NOT hard hard to see for leakes when every thing is wet lol

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh help
« Reply #12 on: 10 May 2012, 20:50 »
I've had one of these shear off before, I had use a reciprocating saw down the hole of the rear beam to cut it short enough to remove it fully. What a crap job that was.

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh help
« Reply #13 on: 10 May 2012, 20:54 »
I had one sheared off too ,accetylene was my friend .

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh help
« Reply #14 on: 10 May 2012, 20:58 »
I have had one shear off, I was lucky and managed to weld a nut onto it.

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh help
« Reply #15 on: 10 May 2012, 21:22 »
Oh great so it's not gona be a knock through and remove job then. I was thinking about knocking it through and using a hacksaw blade to cut it short enough to get out.

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
Re: Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh help
« Reply #16 on: 10 May 2012, 23:37 »
I was looking at the beam earlier. I'm positive if you knock the rest of the bolt loose the strut will just about come out then you can just use molegrips to undo........

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh help
« Reply #17 on: 11 May 2012, 07:38 »
When you day the nut is help in by a clip with a lug. Is the lug just pushed into a hole or is it a threaded lug with an Allen key head I have to unscrew?

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh help
« Reply #18 on: 11 May 2012, 12:44 »
ok finaly sorted it. Had to use a hacksaw blade down between the shock and the tube bit to cut the bolt then the nut fell off. It was inside the shock where the bolt was and still is totaly stuck. Went and got a new bolt 10.9 from a local bolt supplier and all perfect again.

Cheers for the help guys.  :wink:

Offline VR6_Wherry

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,938
Re: Aaaaaaggggghhhhhh help
« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2012, 14:16 »
Pics of the new lows then!  :cool: