Author Topic: Rear wheel bearings.  (Read 4719 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Rear wheel bearings.
« Reply #20 on: 09 May 2012, 16:45 »
anybody no the hub nut size?  :undecided: :grin:

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: Rear wheel bearings.
« Reply #21 on: 09 May 2012, 17:06 »
anybody no the hub nut size?  :undecided: :grin:

Errr..... A common size found in socket sets........  :grin: :laugh: :rolleyes:

I think its 17mm... or 19mm.......  but it wont be much tighter than finger tight if theres movement in them tbh.....

Offline mad4vws

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 628
Re: Rear wheel bearings.
« Reply #22 on: 09 May 2012, 17:19 »
 pretty sure the hub nut size is 22 or 24 not 17 or 19 mm. :grin: :wink: :smiley:
BREAKING VW GOLF'S
Mk2/ MK3'S ALL DAY LONG. PM FOR ANY PARTS!!  ON 07813936583

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Rear wheel bearings.
« Reply #23 on: 09 May 2012, 17:26 »
Are you lot mad? They are about 30mm ain't they? There's no way they are 17 or even 20  :grin:
I ask as I think the biggest socket bit I have is 30mm and if it was bigger I would have to drive 15 miles to nick one off me dad  :grin: didn't want to take the wheel of and the cap just to realise I Gota put it all back on and drive to get one.

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Rear wheel bearings.
« Reply #24 on: 09 May 2012, 18:00 »
If your on about the. rears you wont need a socket as it shouldnt be tight enough to warrant one,just grip it with some pliers.

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: Rear wheel bearings.
« Reply #25 on: 09 May 2012, 19:44 »
Haha yes where did I get 17 from, that's the stub axle bolt size pmsl, the crown nut is more like a 24, just looked at one I have in the door pocket, I know my front nuts are 30, I know for sure the size needed is in my cheapi socket set that goes from 8-32mm so you'll have it... Unless you lost it pmsl

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Rear wheel bearings.
« Reply #26 on: 09 May 2012, 20:08 »
lol ok sweet. cheers

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Rear wheel bearings.
« Reply #27 on: 09 May 2012, 22:41 »
Once the split pin is removed you shouldn't require a socket, if you do then I'd be seriously concerned at why you've been driving it whilst it was seized!