Author Topic: Foot well behind driver Like swimming pool  (Read 1116 times)

Offline sdall30

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 124
Foot well behind driver Like swimming pool
« on: 08 May 2012, 11:32 »
When it rains I get a collection of water in the foot well behind the driver. The car is a 96 3door GTI . I replaced the seals behind the rear lights at the weekend, although there were no signs of water in the boot .  but this morning the carpet was damp again. I've checked the sunroof seal and that looks ok. seals round the 2 doors seem fine also.. I'm getting might frustrated with this now..

Anybody got any Idea where I should be looking next  ?

Thanks in advance
Stuart

Offline WadGTI

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
  • Golf GTI'er
Re: Foot well behind driver Like swimming pool
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2012, 13:04 »
water from the sunroof drainage not going where it should be going?

Offline sdall30

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 124
Re: Foot well behind driver Like swimming pool
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2012, 13:15 »
where would I find the sunroof drainage holes and how do  I check they are ok ?

Offline lemski

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,017
  • 16v
Re: Foot well behind driver Like swimming pool
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2012, 15:40 »
Door membrane behind door cards

Offline VR6_Wherry

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,938
Re: Foot well behind driver Like swimming pool
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2012, 16:01 »
I took the headlining out to check the sunroof drainage, best way i found.

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Foot well behind driver Like swimming pool
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2012, 18:43 »
Have you got any corrosion above the windscreen as so many do ,as thats where mine was coming in,poor windscreen seal as corrosion breaks the sealant,if i looked between the end  of the dash and the body i could see brown traces where rusty water had been running down  :wink: