Author Topic: Boot opening  (Read 919 times)

Offline Willo

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 104
Boot opening
« on: 08 May 2012, 00:18 »
Is there a way the I can open my boot from in the car ie a leaver or something if so what parts could I use to achieve this I don't have central locking

Offline Luke1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 530
Re: Boot opening
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2012, 09:07 »
Not seen it done before, prob due to the fact it would be a huge ballache of a job!

MK IV GT TDI 150 PD / MKII CADDY SDI

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Boot opening
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2012, 09:13 »
US spec vehicles came with 'trunk release' buttons mounted within the rear centre console, I've got one in mine. This activates a solenoid inside the bootlid to release the catch. (i still haven't wired mine in yet though)

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
Re: Boot opening
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2012, 17:38 »
I put one on 1 of my old cars some fool bust the lock and was cheaper to get the trunk opening kit off flee bay than get a new lock  :laugh: still got it some where never thort
Of putting it on my mk3 will have to have a look see when I take the wiper off