Author Topic: Squeaking/squealing help please  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Willo

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 104
Squeaking/squealing help please
« on: 07 May 2012, 23:25 »
Right my 1.4 has developed a squeaking/squealing sound from what seams to be the from drivers wheel it's not all the time just occasional can anyone help please am desperate

Offline CJA321

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 684
Re: Squeaking/squealing help please
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2012, 23:37 »
Is it when you press the brakes?

Offline Willo

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 104
Re: Squeaking/squealing help please
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2012, 23:55 »
No when driving

Offline CJA321

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 684
Re: Squeaking/squealing help please
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2012, 23:58 »
Brakes/wheelbearings/backplate could be lots of things

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
Re: Squeaking/squealing help please
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2012, 00:08 »
This sounds stupid but when did you wish your car last?? Use to get it on my Clio when I dident wash her for a bit just a build up of dirt

Offline Willo

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 104
Re: Squeaking/squealing help please
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2012, 00:14 »
I ain't had it long don't know when she was washed last like I said its only occasional

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
Re: Squeaking/squealing help please
« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2012, 07:00 »
Worth a go be for you strut taking things apart

Offline bluquarta

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 196
Re: Squeaking/squealing help please
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2012, 16:52 »
i had this and it turned out to be a stone trapped in between brake disc and its protecter plate thing behind it. Sounded terrible, made everyone look! Took the wheel off to have a look, poked the stone out and was sorted

Offline Tonicpar

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: Squeaking/squealing help please
« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2012, 19:47 »
Have a similar problem. Mine only squeaks when I am pulling away...but have discovered it's when I am turning the wheel from pulling away or at a stand still. Put new discs and pads on but problem still there. Any ideas?
There is always a future!

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
Re: Squeaking/squealing help please
« Reply #9 on: 09 May 2012, 21:58 »
Steering rack?? Spray the joints with spray grease.