Author Topic: what happend to p11jon  (Read 24038 times)

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
Re: what happend to p11jon
« Reply #30 on: 07 May 2012, 19:41 »
Well f**k all u lot I love my mk4 and it's quicker than your average st s3 tt and mk3 tugs  :grin:

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 09 May 2012, 08:11 »
My mk4 is far from a lemon had it for 6 years now & never had any major issues with it, in fact it is still going strong with 138k on the clock. I have owned mk1,mk2 & mk4 but just couldnt bring myself to ever buy or like a mk3 just personal taste i suppose they just didnt float my boat  :grin:

Cars are only lemons if lemons have owned them  :grin: a well looked after car will go on for ever  :cool:

Offline jimbooboo

• I live here
  • YUM YUM
« Reply #32 on: 09 May 2012, 12:49 »
I have a mk4. I don't want it anymore it just bores me and drinks fuel. It handles sh!t as the body roll is insane

mk4 downwards = old knackered sh!te

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #33 on: 09 May 2012, 13:19 »
My mk4 is far from a lemon had it for 6 years now & never had any major issues with it, in fact it is still going strong with 138k on the clock. I have owned mk1,mk2 & mk4 but just couldnt bring myself to ever buy or like a mk3 just personal taste i suppose they just didnt float my boat  :grin:

Cars are only lemons if lemons have owned them  :grin: a well looked after car will go on for ever  :cool:

So true a lot of the mk4 faults are caused by 1. poor maintence 2. cheap crap copy parts 3. silly modifications  :lipsrsealed: almost 150k on mine and its been brilliant (water pump aside!)   

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 09 May 2012, 13:26 »

So true a lot of the mk4 faults are caused by 1. poor maintence 2. cheap crap copy parts 3. silly modifications  :lipsrsealed: almost 150k on mine and its been brilliant (water pump aside!)   

Indeed always better to have one with as few owners as possible narrows the chances of non maintenance,bad mods etc, mine has had 2 owners & i am one of them  :grin: I also agree stick with geniune parts & keep the mods to a minimum  :cool:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #35 on: 09 May 2012, 15:33 »

Errr, like no and stuff:

Some are sh*t right out of the box.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #36 on: 09 May 2012, 16:15 »
My dad bought his mk4 Gti brand new and it was serviced under Vw dealers network meticulously
Then at 80k the engine blew up ( granted it was the crap 2.0 8v)
Was re built with genuine parts and managed another 20k before same thing happened again

My dad never goes over 3.5 revs lol

I just replaced it with a AUQ

So, cars (or engines in this case) can be lemons, it's not just down to the owners

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 09 May 2012, 17:23 »

My dad never goes over 3.5 revs lol

This was the problem drive a car like this for ever it will clog up & die they are meant to be driven properly lol

Maybe there was some lemons then but I stil believe it's down to the way they are driven,serviced etc as never owned a lemon in my life and have had 6 golfs

Offline stainesy

• I live here
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
« Reply #38 on: 09 May 2012, 17:43 »
Well f**k all u lot I love my mk4 and it's quicker than your average st s3 tt and mk3 tugs  :grin:

yeah its quicker till you get to a corner  :grin:
and if a mk3 is a tug that makes the mk4 an oil tanker  :lipsrsealed: :grin:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 09 May 2012, 18:20 »
whats that make a mk5?

Better, since they completely redesigned the suspension/chassis from being an overweight tank.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.