Author Topic: Mk3 rear wipe  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Reasty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,070
  • Alpine white valver.
Mk3 rear wipe
« on: 05 May 2012, 14:15 »
ok is it me or is the rear wiper system on a mk3 reallllly! stupid,turning it on is not a problem it's getting the damn thing to stop wiping without triggering the rear wash!!!! it would seem you have to push the stalk 3 times in quick succession to switch the damn thing off which then triggers the rear wash,it's not a massive problem but is a little annoying  :grin:

Offline Luke1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 530
Re: Mk3 rear wipe
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2012, 14:17 »
Yup, pain in the arse! I removed mine and blanked the hole!
MK IV GT TDI 150 PD / MKII CADDY SDI

Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: Mk3 rear wipe
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2012, 14:17 »
not realy, mine is just 1 quick push to turn it on and if i dont push it back again it will wipe every few seconds.
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Mk3 rear wipe
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2012, 14:17 »
It is an annoying system but i only have to touch mine quite gently to switch it off.

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
Re: Mk3 rear wipe
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2012, 14:24 »
Taking mine off soon right pain pluses I never use it

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: Mk3 rear wipe
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2012, 14:45 »
whats a rear wiper?

Offline DUBboi12

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
Re: Mk3 rear wipe
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2012, 16:31 »
I've taken mine off :smiley: don't need it

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Mk3 rear wipe
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2012, 16:49 »
mines off and i was tempted to keep the washer jet thing poking out the hole to squirt people when they cross behind my car lol.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Mk3 rear wipe
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2012, 16:56 »
I was looking at Myra wiper today as I am going to remove and blank it like I did on my other mk3s.
This one seems to be diferant to my others though as the water jet is on the wiper arm itself at the bottom. Never seen this on a mk3 before. Is it what the early mk3's had?