Author Topic: lost key how much for a replacement  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 886
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
Re: lost key how much for a replacement
« Reply #10 on: 05 May 2012, 22:17 »
dig out yellow pages and have a look, when my dad is back off holiday is getting a spare key coded up, he got quoted £35 by local companies  :cool:

Offline Jasikasisback

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 782
Re: lost key how much for a replacement
« Reply #11 on: 06 May 2012, 22:18 »
I will take a good look. I'm hoping it will turn up at work within a week...never thought they were so expensive to replace!

Offline kodkod.84

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
Re: lost key how much for a replacement
« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2012, 07:46 »
Never knew the keys had a chip. How does it work as the plastic key looks pretty basic (I have one without the light). Is it magnetic?