Author Topic: Friendly Drivers  (Read 7160 times)

Offline GTIANNIVERSARY16V

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 149
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #30 on: 06 May 2012, 14:25 »
I never know whether to nod or wave....as i don't want the other driving thinking "whos that prat?.......my other cars in the garage......an audi rs4" pmsl

Offline simc66

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 85
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #31 on: 06 May 2012, 23:20 »
Get it all the time in the camper or the missus Beetle - air cooled thing obviously, but I did get a wave from a lass in a smart pimped up Lupo the other day, and have had it a few times from Mk3s.
1997 Mk3 Colour Concept, 2006 Polo GTI, 1987 Type 25

Offline Edwh0re

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 399
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #32 on: 07 May 2012, 07:37 »
I get it all the time in my Golf, the "nod of dub" or "dub love/appreciation".  Never from anything newer than a mk3, but it comes from modified Mk1/2/3 Golf/Polo owners.  I do it too, if I see a modded water cooled dub on the road that I appreciate. 

My missus is jealous of it, she tried to start it in her (non chavvy) modified Corsa with other Vauxhall drivers, but everyone would just stare at her like she had grown a second head  :grin:

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #33 on: 07 May 2012, 11:02 »
I think dub owners have always been a pretty friendly bunch, it goes back to the 60's with the hippies in beetles and microbus's and it seems to have carried on down the years with vw owners and fans being a bit more laid back and relaxed than other marques, it also seems to me that vw isn't tarred with the same brush as audi and bmw owners who have a reputation for being fairly aggressive and pushy on the roads.

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #34 on: 07 May 2012, 11:02 »
iv also had a lot of time people do the vw hand sign at me. i tried to do it back once but forgot how to do it so i think i did the volcan star trek sign instead  :grin:

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #35 on: 07 May 2012, 11:13 »
 :grin: :laugh:

Offline GTIANNIVERSARY16V

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 149
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #36 on: 07 May 2012, 11:15 »
VW hand sign?
I'd probably accidentally stick my fingers up lol

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #37 on: 07 May 2012, 12:48 »
VW hand sign?
I'd probably accidentally stick my fingers up lol


 :grin: