Author Topic: Friendly Drivers  (Read 7189 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #20 on: 04 May 2012, 21:24 »
they think you are that "bloke off the telly"  :smiley:

 :undecided:

Offline SCO_VAG

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • www.ScottishVag.com
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #21 on: 04 May 2012, 22:44 »
The other week I was sat at some lights beside a chap in a lovely Lancia Delta, while sat there he puts his window down and comments on the rareness of the 16v anni.... quite ironic coming from a guy in a mint Delta HF Turbo of which there are like 30 left  :shocked:

Offline kodkod.84

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #22 on: 04 May 2012, 23:17 »
Had that comment today on the rareness of the Anni from a guy at  during the MOT- he said there were like 80 something left. He had an edition 30 which got stolen :(

Oh and car passed MOT with 1 advisory- Obstruction in drivers view removed (tomtom holder)!!

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #23 on: 05 May 2012, 08:44 »
Funnily enough i only get the 'wave' from the mk2 boys from my area, only get flashed out of junctions by the mk2s  :cool: :cool:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #24 on: 05 May 2012, 13:49 »
I only get  acknowledgement from van drivers :undecided: ,a nod and thumbs up this morning,and some guy last week flicking the v,s at me ,no idea  :huh:

Offline eamonnism

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #25 on: 05 May 2012, 15:25 »
I get it from other mk3s, usually lower ones than mine.  :undecided: and from other people I've been to shows/meets with.

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #26 on: 05 May 2012, 15:29 »
I get it from other mk3s, usually lower ones than mine.  :undecided: and from other people I've been to shows/meets with.

really liking the look of your car btw  :cool: i was rocking the same steels on my old mk3
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline GTIANNIVERSARY16V

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 149
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #27 on: 05 May 2012, 20:51 »
I get acknowledged by mk3 and mk2 drivers....9 times out of ten...its a subtle "nod" lol

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #28 on: 05 May 2012, 21:00 »
I feel a bit jealous of you all now :( only guy that ever comments on mine is a delivery driver I get occasionally delivering car parts :P
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline eamonnism

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #29 on: 06 May 2012, 07:05 »
I get it from other mk3s, usually lower ones than mine.  :undecided: and from other people I've been to shows/meets with.

really liking the look of your car btw  :cool: i was rocking the same steels on my old mk3

Thanks man.  :smiley: Just wish they filled the arches more, spacers are on my shopping list!