Author Topic: Friendly Drivers  (Read 7176 times)

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #10 on: 02 May 2012, 21:43 »
I find when i go to Mcdonalds i get a lot of strange looks from all the cool kids in there amazing saxos parked there for god knows how long. Crease.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #11 on: 02 May 2012, 22:11 »
i have niticed in my slammed mk3 i had this all the time from other mk3s and any other slammed vws but in my new standered mk3 not lowered yet nobody flashes or waves. think it s a slammed vw thing

i get the same as this now im in a standard gti, cant wait to see the looks i get when im in a slammed mk2 jetta  :cool:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2012, 22:25 »
its morse code, very common method of communication between ships :afro:

who let you in here? :P

have been flashed and waved at numerous times by overtaking and oncoming MK3s

I never get this, though possibly because its always be doing the overtaking  :grin: but I've seen a few lowered mk3's around my way and none of them acknowledge me :(

I do get some looks when I drive through town late at night from all the cool kids, and I do enjoy the occasional blast when one of them trys it on  :evil: the ear bashing I get afterwards from the misses though is not so fun
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Len

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,292
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #13 on: 02 May 2012, 22:47 »
I think the op had something hanging off his car!
or was driving too slow
or maybe had foglights on?


 :rolleyes:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline bluquarta

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 196
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #14 on: 03 May 2012, 11:50 »
i have niticed in my slammed mk3 i had this all the time from other mk3s and any other slammed vws but in my new standered mk3 not lowered yet nobody flashes or waves. think it s a slammed vw thing

yeah noticed this too. Pulled up alongside a gorgeous slammed mk2 with stunning black and chrome rims a while back. Nice mutual nod of approval! Altho I did feel a bit inferior and sat there thinking "don't look down at my scuffed 15's - its work in progress!"  :grin:

Offline negawsklov

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 313
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #15 on: 03 May 2012, 16:30 »
Always had it driving air cooled vw's so I can only assume that those people had marured into water pumpers..

Offline LowlifeDubber

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,608
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #16 on: 04 May 2012, 20:06 »
Mine seems to be the talking point of every delivery driver that comes to the door(mainly takeaway drivers) it was nice for a start but when they stand there wanting to talk about it whilst not letting me have my food,it is no fun anymore.  :grin:

I now send the missus to the door and she knows nothing about cars so they soon leave.She's also ruthless when it comes to tips where i tend to give them loads so its win win. :evil:

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #17 on: 04 May 2012, 20:11 »
lol i always get stopped by people when i used to wash my black mk3 outside the house and people ask about it. got so fed up with trying to explain the differant front end on it to people as most had never heard of a vento

Offline gasketface

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,237
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #18 on: 04 May 2012, 20:56 »
they think you are that "bloke off the telly"  :smiley:

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Friendly Drivers
« Reply #19 on: 04 May 2012, 21:02 »
lol i always get stopped by people when i used to wash my black mk3 outside the house and people ask about it. got so fed up with trying to explain the differant front end on it to people as most had never heard of a vento

vento front end are amazing tbf i'll be going that way after summer.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6