Author Topic: anybody used one of these?  (Read 1380 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
anybody used one of these?
« on: 02 May 2012, 18:31 »
after spending an hour today getting the baffles out of my backbox due to them blocking the exit and rattling iv decide to get a new exhaust and as my middle box sound like baffles are starting to fall apart would be good to get a new one of them aswell.
im on a tight budget with this build so not looking at paying mega bucks.

found this on ebay. anybody ever used one of these? if so is it any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK3-91-99-2-0-8v-16v-GTI-VR6-AXLE-BACK-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/150732126742?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGolf%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+III&hash=item231855ba16#ht_500wt_1054

Offline gasketface

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,237
Re: anybody used one of these?
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2012, 19:31 »
" Increase Power By Up To 15BHP  " hmmm  :sad:

"VW Golf MK3 GTI 2.0 8v 16v and 2.8 VR6 1991 - 1999"

I thought VR6 has a bigger diameter ?.

I was going to buy a 4 branch off this seller a while back.That was until i contacted other buyers.Of the 3 i contacted all 3 said they had to return as item did'nt fit.

Would'nt touch that seller with a bargepole myself but...........

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Re: anybody used one of these?
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2012, 19:40 »
The ads states its a 2" bore so useless for vr but should be ok for the GTi?

The single big pipe looks chavvy (my opinion)

2nd hand decent exhaust for that price?
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: anybody used one of these?
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2012, 19:41 »
" Increase Power By Up To 15BHP  " hmmm  :sad:

"VW Golf MK3 GTI 2.0 8v 16v and 2.8 VR6 1991 - 1999"

I thought VR6 has a bigger diameter ?.

I was going to buy a 4 branch off this seller a while back.That was until i contacted other buyers.Of the 3 i contacted all 3 said they had to return as item did'nt fit.

Would'nt touch that seller with a bargepole myself but...........

really mate? think i may give it a miss then and see if i can get a second hand jobbie.

vr6 and 16v use a bigger exhaust than the 8v. but from cat back you can fit a 16v or vr6 exhaust to a 8v.
so not sure how they recon it will fit all 3 from axle back  :undecided:

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: anybody used one of these?
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2012, 19:46 »
I bought a cat back scorpion system with oval pipe s/h off ebay for £35 plus delivery, best money i ever spent and it fits perfectly.