Author Topic: Central locking question  (Read 1245 times)

Offline WeekendMechanic

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 315
  • Golf MK3 GTD
Central locking question
« on: 02 May 2012, 17:00 »
Anyone know how to fix a leaking front driver side leaking central lock without having to buy one new,sealer?

Offline Luke1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 530
Re: Central locking question
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2012, 20:22 »
Cut pipe at point where the leak or split is, then push both ends in a piece of rubber tubing. Make sure it is a tight fit though.
MK IV GT TDI 150 PD / MKII CADDY SDI

Offline WeekendMechanic

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 315
  • Golf MK3 GTD
Re: Central locking question
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2012, 16:33 »
Its not the pipe that`s leaking its the unit.

Offline dan_apps

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,677
  • too low for british roads!
Re: Central locking question
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2012, 18:30 »
thought the units were sealed so you need to replace the whole thing?

Offline WeekendMechanic

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 315
  • Golf MK3 GTD
Re: Central locking question
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2012, 18:37 »
thought the units were sealed so you need to replace the whole thing?

I don`t know,I hope there is a fix,I`m going to dismantle the unit Saturday and try some sealer,I hope it opens up and I don't break it and make it worse  :undecided: