Author Topic: mk 4 front seats in a mk 3  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Tucky

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 151
  • why do it today when you can put it off untill tmz
mk 4 front seats in a mk 3
« on: 02 May 2012, 12:25 »
does anmy one know if its possible to fit mk 4 front seats intop a mk 3 ??? Many thanks

Offline VR6_Wherry

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,938
Re: mk 4 front seats in a mk 3
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2012, 12:31 »
There is a sticky a couple of post above, you don't even have to search! :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=215624.0

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: mk 4 front seats in a mk 3
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2012, 12:41 »
Typical island boy. :wink:

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: mk 4 front seats in a mk 3
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2012, 12:47 »
There are other ways of doing it, like welding in the mk4 seat mounts or welding mk3 runners to the mk4 seats, but as I didn't have a welder at the time I chose to just cut down the mk3 mounts and bolt the mk4 seats to that. The only advantage of doing it the other ways is you could possibly refit your mk3 seats, although I guess even this way theres no reason why you couldn't cut the whole mount off and weld on some new mk3 ones

As for the rears I gave up trying to get some mk4 rear brackets and asked murrymint if he could supply me a set like his, and very good they are too :)
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: mk 4 front seats in a mk 3
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2012, 17:18 »
There are other ways of doing it, like welding in the mk4 seat mounts or welding mk3 runners to the mk4 seats, but as I didn't have a welder at the time I chose to just cut down the mk3 mounts and bolt the mk4 seats to that. The only advantage of doing it the other ways is you could possibly refit your mk3 seats, although I guess even this way theres no reason why you couldn't cut the whole mount off and weld on some new mk3 ones

As for the rears I gave up trying to get some mk4 rear brackets and asked murrymint if he could supply me a set like his, and very good they are too :)

cheers dude!  :cool: glad there alright bud, did they fit alright?
as for the front seats if i was doing it again id do it how dan did it, much easier then cutting the old and welding the new mounts in!
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi