Author Topic: is this ad a joke?  (Read 3223 times)

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: is this ad a joke?
« Reply #10 on: 02 May 2012, 17:33 »
feel bad now i paid £500 for a 1.4 mk3 one years mot and 6 months tax. should of got a GTi but then theres the insurance  :huh:
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline simc66

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 85
Re: is this ad a joke?
« Reply #11 on: 02 May 2012, 17:38 »
There's a better 8v than that with only 97k on the clock for sale at the garage next to where I work for £695. So yeah, a tad overpriced. Perhaps the 1 at the front of the price is an error  :rolleyes:
1997 Mk3 Colour Concept, 2006 Polo GTI, 1987 Type 25


Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: is this ad a joke?
« Reply #13 on: 02 May 2012, 19:58 »
people are actuly bidding on that. looks a nice clean one but ruined by the bumpers skirts and black front.
you no for a fact all them bids are from 18 years olds buying there first cars as its a 1.4.

Offline Luke1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 530
Re: is this ad a joke?
« Reply #14 on: 02 May 2012, 20:18 »
I particularly like the part in the description which reads " could do with a good service"

MK IV GT TDI 150 PD / MKII CADDY SDI

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: is this ad a joke?
« Reply #15 on: 02 May 2012, 20:41 »
I particularly like the part in the description which reads " could do with a good service"


Which is code for "i've not spent a penny on the mechanicals in years"..

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: is this ad a joke?
« Reply #16 on: 02 May 2012, 20:44 »
I particularly like the part in the description which reads " could do with a good service"


Which is code for "i've not spent a penny on the mechanicals in years"..

nail on the head  :grin:
means i have ragged the fcuk out of it trying to keep up with cars that think its a gti.

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: is this ad a joke?
« Reply #17 on: 02 May 2012, 20:47 »
I think we've all passed some poor sod on the side of the motorway and thought, maybe if you'd spent a few quid on a service instead of the wheels/bodykit/sound system etc...maybe you wouldn't be sat there and that will be the next owner of that golf.

Offline Len

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,292
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: is this ad a joke?
« Reply #18 on: 02 May 2012, 22:55 »
Not a joke - just what some misguided fool thinks his car is worth!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk