Author Topic: Buying a mk3 gti  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Pearce69

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
Buying a mk3 gti
« on: 30 April 2012, 10:55 »
Hey all just after some things to look out for when buying a mk3, what year did they make them too? I currently have a mk2 but having some problems so thinking I might go for a mk3 as its newer. What are common problems 2?

Offline CJA321

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 684
Re: Buying a mk3 gti
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2012, 11:32 »
Rust rot rust rot rust rot rust just to name afew.

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Buying a mk3 gti
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2012, 13:54 »
Look in the top section of the mk3 part of the forum, all you need to know about buying/owning/maintaining a mk3 is there.
« Last Edit: 30 April 2012, 13:55 by Gavv8 »

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Buying a mk3 gti
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2012, 13:54 »
As posted rust is the main issue

Offline Luke1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 530
Re: Buying a mk3 gti
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2012, 16:11 »
as above plus the very temperamental electrics. Numerous posts have been placed re windows not working, immobiliser issues etc.

If I was buying another MK3 I would be going over it with a very very very fine tooth comb!  :wink:
MK IV GT TDI 150 PD / MKII CADDY SDI

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Buying a mk3 gti
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2012, 17:18 »
as above plus the very temperamental electrics. Numerous posts have been placed re windows not working, immobiliser issues etc.

If I was buying another MK3 I would be going over it with a very very very fine tooth comb!  :wink:
To be fair i think this is usually age related rather than any inherent problems.

Offline Luke1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 530
Re: Buying a mk3 gti
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2012, 18:36 »
as above plus the very temperamental electrics. Numerous posts have been placed re windows not working, immobiliser issues etc.

If I was buying another MK3 I would be going over it with a very very very fine tooth comb!  :wink:
To be fair i think this is usually age related rather than any inherent problems.

I couldn't agree more gav, just worth bearing in mind due to fatigue in the door bellows etc.
MK IV GT TDI 150 PD / MKII CADDY SDI