Author Topic: Carbon wrap  (Read 2323 times)

Gavv8

  • Guest
Carbon wrap
« on: 29 April 2012, 22:11 »
What are peoples thoughts on using carbon wrap on the lower half of the car, ie the lower doors/rear lower quarter panels etc...yes or no?

Offline tdi_blu

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,881
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Re: Carbon wrap
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2012, 22:22 »
Just like painting it really except if you dont like it anymore you can pull it off.What kinda colour or pattern was you thinking of doing?
Golf Gti

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Carbon wrap
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2012, 22:30 »
hello mate i have done quite a few vinyl wraps now on various areas on cars and tbh mate i thing carbon wrap on the lower part of the car ie everywhere under the plastic mouldings wouldnt look good.

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Carbon wrap
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2012, 22:35 »
I've had a good look through various pictures of cars that have used wrap on different bits of the car and some of them look quite good, especially green and black but i've not seen a mk3 with anything other than the bonnet and/or roof done.

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Carbon wrap
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2012, 22:42 »
I've had a good look through various pictures of cars that have used wrap on different bits of the car and some of them look quite good, especially green and black but i've not seen a mk3 with anything other than the bonnet and/or roof done.

thats probly coz they anything els other than a ful, wrap dont look good. and black bottom with green top just wouldnt look right in my opinion mate  :sick: :grin:

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Carbon wrap
« Reply #5 on: 29 April 2012, 22:48 »
seen a golf mk3 green top half and black bottom half other day on gum tree ill try find it BRB.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Carbon wrap
« Reply #6 on: 29 April 2012, 22:48 »
Yep fair enough, actually i suppose you'd have to do the bumpers too or it wouldn't all match up.

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Gavv8

  • Guest

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Carbon wrap
« Reply #9 on: 29 April 2012, 22:56 »
Nasty isn't it.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6