Author Topic: rear wiper blank  (Read 2114 times)

Offline jayeshjethwa

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 65
rear wiper blank
« on: 26 April 2012, 23:41 »
im removeing my rear wiper but cant find any where selling a blank..had a look on ebay but nothing

is there anywhere i can get one

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
Re: rear wiper blank
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2012, 23:46 »
What size is it??? I was going to do this to my car as to my mind the rear wiper is a waste of time Pluss I do not need to know where I have bin just where I am going lol

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: rear wiper blank
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2012, 23:56 »
Halfords sell a packet of mixed grommets, one of those will fit.

Offline VR6_Wherry

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,938
Re: rear wiper blank
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2012, 09:16 »
Just becareful as it's not difficult to open the boot when there is a hole in it :grin:

Offline Edwh0re

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 399
Re: rear wiper blank
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2012, 13:23 »
Think its 24 or 25mm if memory serves me correctly.

Halfrauds as stated before, its literally going to cost you about £1.30.

Offline spikenipple

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 644
Re: rear wiper blank
« Reply #5 on: 27 April 2012, 13:33 »
I bought a pack of 30ish 25mm grommets the other day for about £1.80 on ebay. If you're not in a rush to get it done, PM me your address and I'll pop a couple in the post for you.

Offline negawsklov

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 313
Re: rear wiper blank
« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2012, 14:07 »
Weld it and paint it... why would you want a grommet in there.  If it's for looks do it right first time.

Offline DUBboi12

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
Re: rear wiper blank
« Reply #7 on: 27 April 2012, 14:34 »
I bought a pack of 30ish 25mm grommets the other day for about £1.80 on ebay. If you're not in a rush to get it done, PM me your address and I'll pop a couple in the post for you.

Do you mind sending me a couple  :wink: :smiley:

Offline eamonnism

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
Re: rear wiper blank
« Reply #8 on: 27 April 2012, 15:26 »
I got mine from halfords, 24mm iirc.  :smiley:
Just make sure nobody pushes it inside the boot!  :angry:

Offline gizmomk3

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 300
  • on my way
Re: rear wiper blank
« Reply #9 on: 27 April 2012, 16:38 »
I did this to a corsa a few years back I used a coach bolt panted black looked just a good and no one can try and brake in