Author Topic: JOM coilys  (Read 4487 times)

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: JOM coilys
« Reply #10 on: 26 April 2012, 22:34 »
Nothing wrong with Jom's.....had mine on since the New Year and they are fine. Nice ride considering mine was slammed on them  :wink:

There is a lot wrong with them...they are dire.
But for £200 what can you expect?

They are cheap...and go low. There are no handling or ride qualities to speak of.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: JOM coilys
« Reply #11 on: 26 April 2012, 22:39 »
I have a decent ride on mine tbf. My old VR was lowered on decent coilies and felt like poo. I was thrown from the seat at every pothole. This car is loads better and potholes don't give me any unwelcome bangs or anything. I would recommend them for anyone on a budget.

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: JOM coilys
« Reply #12 on: 26 April 2012, 22:43 »
I have a decent ride on mine tbf. My old VR was lowered on decent coilies and felt like poo. I was thrown from the seat at every pothole. This car is loads better and potholes don't give me any unwelcome bangs or anything. I would recommend them for anyone on a budget.
same here mine felt fine, never had a problem

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: JOM coilys
« Reply #13 on: 26 April 2012, 22:45 »
What are people comparing them to?
Decent Mk3 set-ups?
Or suspension on cars that actually handle?


Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: JOM coilys
« Reply #14 on: 26 April 2012, 22:48 »
I am comparing mine to the more expensive ones that were fitted to my old VR. They were harsh and hurt  :grin: :grin: :grin:  The Jom's are not the best in the world but mine are a decent ride and as said earlier don't give any knocks or bangs even when hitting pot holes. I have not had any problems with them and think they have offered me personally good value for money  :smiley:

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: JOM coilys
« Reply #15 on: 26 April 2012, 22:51 »
What are people comparing them to?
Decent Mk3 set-ups?
Or suspension on cars that actually handle?



tbf if you're comparing them to the tired, leaky & wallowy under dampened sh!te that was fitted in Wolfsburg 15 years ago then i suppose they would be of some improvement.

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: JOM coilys
« Reply #16 on: 26 April 2012, 22:52 »
oh dear look what iv started now. dam i love being back in the mk3 section  :grin:

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: JOM coilys
« Reply #17 on: 26 April 2012, 22:55 »
ha ha stainesy bet you have not missed it one bit    :grin: :grin:





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: JOM coilys
« Reply #18 on: 26 April 2012, 22:58 »
ha ha stainesy bet you have not missed it one bit    :grin: :grin:

oh contraire my dear fellow  :grin:
not sure if it was the car i missed or the arguments in here  :grin:

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: JOM coilys
« Reply #19 on: 26 April 2012, 23:57 »
I would never use them again tbh.