Author Topic: Failed MOT on corrosion and emissions  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Edwh0re

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 399
Re: Failed MOT on corrosion and emissions
« Reply #10 on: 27 April 2012, 09:14 »
If you are in stoke and you don't want to pay through the nose for welding....

I would take it to the guy I always use - SB Autos in Hot Lane industrial estate.

Offline itavaltalainen

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,693
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: Failed MOT on corrosion and emissions
« Reply #11 on: 27 April 2012, 23:23 »
Piston rings can be a problem on 2Es if conditions are hard and cheap oil is used. My 2E used less than 2 liters per 10k miles and had 240.000 mi on the clock but it was run on 0w40 almost since new ;)
Look for another scrappy though, I got 191£ for mine! And I took a good deal of parts off (including things like ECU, new battery, water pump, alternator, head and tail lights, all wheels and so on)....
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles