Author Topic: are these safe?  (Read 2367 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
are these safe?
« on: 23 April 2012, 21:08 »
ok have spotted a set of wheels i think are lovely but they need adaptors. i have found the adaptors i need on ebay but i can see a centre bore lip bit if you no what i mean like what hubcentric spacers have . are these safe?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200737443527?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: are these safe?
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2012, 21:26 »
Seriously dude, please don't buy these they look dodgy as hell, h&r or adaptec will sort you out for not much more, my problem with these is they are trying to do too much with the 3 pcd's and there is no locating ring....

Wheel adapters is not the place to save money, it's not nice when a wheel comes off.....

Offline dom

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,083
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: are these safe?
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2012, 21:29 »
I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole :undecided:

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: are these safe?
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2012, 21:32 »
Where could I get the same adaptors in that fitment then? And how much for?

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: are these safe?
« Reply #4 on: 23 April 2012, 21:37 »
I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole :undecided:

Agreed they look well dodgey :shocked:

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: are these safe?
« Reply #5 on: 23 April 2012, 21:48 »
Try venom motorsport or h&r direct online, adapters are always about £150 an axle tho

Offline mad4vws

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 628
Re: are these safe?
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2012, 22:00 »
they look well dodgey , bet the whells must stick out like a sore thumb... :grin: :smiley:
BREAKING VW GOLF'S
Mk2/ MK3'S ALL DAY LONG. PM FOR ANY PARTS!!  ON 07813936583

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: are these safe?
« Reply #7 on: 23 April 2012, 22:45 »
they look awful dude dont do it





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: are these safe?
« Reply #8 on: 23 April 2012, 22:48 »
and i sold my 5x100 to 5x114.3 adapters only a few weeks ago!
super forma (i think) on ebay did mine £200 odd tops.

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: are these safe?
« Reply #9 on: 23 April 2012, 22:51 »
couldnt find them on uk ebay.

found these on us one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380427004025?item=380427004025&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item5893376879&vxp=mtr

also try german ebay! bought a set of 4x100 to 5x120 recently on there