Author Topic: Rainex!  (Read 3408 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Rainex!
« on: 23 April 2012, 11:27 »
when i recently had the car detailed the gent said he would put rainex on the glass for me. Only now when it rains I can seem to see fcuk all out of the windscreen!!  :angry:

as the wipers come across ot appears like the screen has lots of tiny little marks across it... any ideas how I can stop this from happening  :undecided:

thanks in advance

Offline tg1

• I live here
Re: Rainex!
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2012, 13:15 »
ring the guy up and see what he says.

if he wont sort it, glass polish and elbow grease should sort it out.

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2012, 14:06 »
Rainex is like that - Horrible stuff.

Plenty of other (better) products but I use this.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/carlack-glass-sealing-kit/prod_348.html

1 year gone and the water still beads off the glass.
:)

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2012, 14:45 »
I have 2 bottles of rainx in the garage, must of got given them at some point, but after one try I realised how poor it is and never used it again!

@ Mr Blue, I've heard good things about that product and you've just reminded me to buy some to try  :cool:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 April 2012, 15:44 »
Glad I held off from buying rainx, That carlack stuff sounds great so gonna get this instead....thanks Mr Blue!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 23 April 2012, 16:00 »
bottle of mr sheen and a role of kitchen roll it is then!  :grin:

Im not too bothered about the windows looking clean... esp if it compromises me being able to see out of them. Just want the stuff off!!!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2012, 19:16 »
carlack kit has some glass polish in it because you have to apply to spotless glass for the best effect

worth doing though

Subaru Outback by Guy Frankland, on Flickr

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 23 April 2012, 19:18 »
thx guy. will just try get it off for now and see if it improves.... if not will give the carlack kit a try   :cool:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 23 April 2012, 19:19 »
thx guy. will just try get it off for now and see if it improves.... if not will give the carlack kit a try   :cool:

you'll need more than mr sheen i would imagine... got anything like G101 or some glass polish?

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 23 April 2012, 19:23 »

you'll need more than mr sheen i would imagine... got anything like G101 or some glass polish?
:grin: .... you havent really seen any of the cars I have had previously have you??

I didnt even own a micro fibre until a couple of months ago.... it was always old boxers and vests  :grin: