Author Topic: can you help me find what wheels these are PLEASE!!!  (Read 3502 times)

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Well can't afford the wheels i really want at the mo but at the same time want to upgrade from 13" to 15" so found these wheels and the guy only wants £50 hes not sure on the center bore but did say they came off an OLD honda civic, so i assume the center bore would be 60 to fit both honda and golf center bores with rings????
He thinks they are Lenso but i cant find what lenso ones. Again i'm assuming RX2 replicas but after some time on google i just cant find any information on these.

p.s its cool if you don't like them but like i said will do for now till i can get some ATS cups.

« Last Edit: 19 April 2012, 23:01 by search »
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: can you help me find what wheels these are PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2012, 23:16 »
I think they are Lenso Mesh DTM Racing can any one confirm?
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline FlashRedThree

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
  • MK III Flash Red 1.4 SE + MK V DBP 2.0T GTI
Re: can you help me find what wheels these are PLEASE!!!
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2012, 04:09 »
They look absolutely haggard, moreso without centre caps.
They are not RX2 replica's.
They do not belong on a golf, in my opinion.

Save your money for what you want, else it'll take even longer :huh:


Offline shelaghmk3gti

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 435
Re: can you help me find what wheels these are PLEASE!!!
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2012, 07:56 »
i agree..they would look nice in gun metal but thats another 200 on top

i bet if you were to spend sunday afternoon on ebay or gumtree youd find exactly what youre looking for at a bargain price  :cool:

your car looks lovely just the way it is for now, youve worked hard on her...

have u had a go with photoshop?

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: can you help me find what wheels these are PLEASE!!!
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2012, 08:59 »
Again i'm assuming RX2 replicas but after some time on google i just cant find any information on these.

They look more like BBS RSII replicas.

I had RSIIs in Gunmetal on my S3.


By the time you've re-furbed them (they aren't multi-piece so harder to do 2 colour), located centre caps and sorted out spigot rings, you'll probably be cheaper just holding off for the wheels you want.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: can you help me find what wheels these are PLEASE!!!
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2012, 09:07 »
Well iv got these for just £50 with good tyres aswell so like i said will be fine for now really money tight at the mo as i need a cam belt change etc etc. i think they are lenso mesh dtm racing wheels if so very rare as they got sued for copying BBS so i believe.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: can you help me find what wheels these are PLEASE!!!
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2012, 13:01 »
if you can get some cheap caps and refurb them yourself then it will be alright, i bought some vr6 bbs from someone on here and they looked horrible but once i done them they looked alright
they come out like this

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?431738

but mine have different caps

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: can you help me find what wheels these are PLEASE!!!
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2012, 13:18 »
Glen, have you ever thought about seeking help regarding your BBS wheel addiction?

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: can you help me find what wheels these are PLEASE!!!
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2012, 17:38 »
Glen, have you ever thought about seeking help regarding your BBS wheel addiction?

I don't need help...
I sold the two sets of RSIIs with the S3.

My other half has re-appropriated 2 sets of BBS CHs (one with winter tyres on, the other with summer tyres on) so that took my total down significantly.

I've also sold the 18" Monzas that came on my Mk6.

Now I am left with a VW Racing wheel addiction:
2 sets of 19s and 2 sets of 18s.

Oh, and 4 sets of 16" Anniversary 7.0" x 16" RXIIs.
Damn.
I do need help.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Re: can you help me find what wheels these are PLEASE!!!
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2012, 20:08 »
Damn.
I do need help.

Let me help











Myself to a free set? :kiss:


Dont lose your dinosaur!