Author Topic: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Willo

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 104
Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
« on: 19 April 2012, 16:10 »
Right I have a mk3 1.4 cl no fog lights I want to fit either fog lights like of higher spec models or daytime running lamps or both the questions are what do I need to retro fit the fog lights and how do I wire in daytime running lamps to come on automatically with the start of engine/ignition

Will

Offline dom

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,083
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2012, 17:53 »
DRLs will look sh!te so don't bother :wink:

If you want to retro fit them you'll need the lights, wiring loom and switch.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2012, 21:01 »
DRLs will look sh!te so don't bother :wink:

Agreed :afro:

Fog lamps are easier but as Dom said you all the parts and then it is plug and play.

Offline Willo

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 104
Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2012, 21:03 »
Is that all I need then is it a simple job sorry very new to vw ownership

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2012, 21:21 »
Is that all I need then is it a simple job sorry very new to vw ownership

Yep with all the parts it is plug and play.

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2012, 08:08 »
Easy to do just get a good loom





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Fitting fog lights/daytime running lamps
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2012, 10:04 »
Or just fit the proper VW fog loom from à donor vehicle.